“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.”
“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.”
We specialize in the skills and expertise required to lead organizations and people through improving their processes so that they can do more with less
How is your business like a banana? Watch the video here
Quantum Associates works with small and medium size middle-market organizations who face the challenge of doing more with less. In other words, organizations looking to improve performance while using fewer resources. Our process improvement toolbox include: lean management, lean manufacturing, lean six sigma, agile lean Process improvement, ISO 9001, process analytics, and training events as cost effective process improvement solutions for small and medium sized mid-market companies looking to improve their productivity, efficiency and bottom line.
“The PCI Accounting team worked with Willie on several process improvement tools, including SIPOC, Daily Plan and RACI charts. These tools were instrumental in providing data that showed gaps in our process, as well as, several process improvements we were able to implement and sustain. It allowed us to reduce the number of current reports being generated by the department, while maintaining compliance to key business controls. Willie was very easy to work with. His passion for process improvement, as well as, his knowledge of the tools made it a valuable experience for the entire team.” Candy VanWambeke, Executive Director, Finance PCI Rockford
What is Process Improvement?
Consider these current realities:
- The medical profession and other industries that need to comply with ever-changing government regulations
- State and municipal government caught between skyrocketing costs for medical care and pensions and the taxpayer’s reluctance to pay for it.
- The university president, pressured by students, parents, alumni or the state legislature to reduce tuition and provide ever superior higher education in the face of increasing costs
- Hospital administrators struggling to keep their precious community health resources from closing due to government mandated reductions in medicare/medicaid payments
- A valued physician or lawyer or auto shop owner, who just decides to retire in the face of the struggle to survive
- Congress unable to chart a course of public policy between promises for a better life and the reality of trillion dollar debt
- Loss of our traditional manufacturing base to low cost competitors
- Big companies whose management must make job killing decisions to halt or outsource production in the face of low wage foreign competition
- The local school board trapped between loss of revenue and higher costs for everything and every person needed to educate the students
- The local restaurant, where the chef/owner must streamline operations to survive against
- a similar neighborhood competitor
All the above challenges and issues at the onset seem to be overwhelming, only if we knew how to make them better. There is a way to address these burdensome challenges. It is simple, improve our processes. Process improvement is an organized method to focus, measure and redesign critical organizational processes to accomplish game changing improvement. It matters not which tool set you use (Lean, Six Sigma, ISO 9000, Theory of Constraints, etc.) as long as your overriding goal is to improve the process.
The key take-away is to understand that process improvement can be applied to practically every act/task that anyone does. It also pertains to what people do jointly in teams, groups or organizations. It is not just limited to manufacturing but is applicable to administrative functions and the service sector.
Key Challenges for Middle Market Companies
- Talent Management— 50% of the middle market business leaders interviewed by the National Center for the Middle Market indicated that talent is an issue for their companies, especially retention and recruitment.
- Business—47% of the business leaders say maintaining or surpassing the growth they have experienced in 2017 is a challenge. Competition is on the rise especially from larger companies who have more flexibility to reduce prices.
- Costs—22% of the same business leaders identified costs as a concern going forward.
(Source: Middle Market Indicator 4Q 2017 published by the National Center for the Middle Market- The Ohio State University Fisher School of Business- MiddleMarketCenter.org)
There is ample evidence that business process improvement is the breakthrough strategy for improved quality, productivity and competitiveness. Middle market companies embracing this approach can achieve some startling improvements in performance; improved response time, decreased costs, bigger market share, improved employee morale, enhanced customer experience, and increased profits.
All the above challenges and issues at the onset seem to be overwhelming, only if we knew how to make them better. There is a way to address these burdensome challenges. It is simple, improve our processes. Process improvement is an organized method to focus, measure and redesign critical organizational processes to accomplish game changing improvement. It matters not which tool set you use (Lean, Six Sigma, ISO 9000, Theory of Constraints, etc.) as long as your burning platform is to improve the process.
Quantum Associates’ approach to process improvement reduces risks and shapes the outcomes of change by identifying and supporting the people, processes, and customer requirements that drive your transition from current state to future state. By engaging your staff morale improves thus impacting retention of talented staff. Our ability to deliver what is needed for success across all areas of the operation ensures that moving from the current state to the future state is smooth, successful, and achieves lasting benefits.
“Willie Carter and the Quantum team worked with our management team for two years on a series of projects including DISC assessments, mentoring our managers, goal setting, workplace organization, facilitating team meetings, and capacity improvements and we are delighted with the results. They addressed a number challenges and our management team is functioning better than before. Willie has a boatload of experience, is an effective teacher, and I highly recommend him and his services.” Frank Heurich, President, Gregor Jonsson Inc
Learn more about how we ensure successful process improvement
Quantum Associates’ approach to process improvement has helped businesses in various industries to boost quality, speed cycle times and reduce costs. Our experts work collaboratively with client teams to quickly identify the non-value-added steps, unnecessary approvals, exceptions, and workarounds that impede process efficiency. Then, working together, we quickly design a future state so that teams can eliminate the wastes that prevent them from doing their jobs faster, smarter and easier—always working within the guidelines of doing more with less.
Quantum Associates combines two powerful concepts to identify and execute process improvements quickly. Agile Lean Process Improvement is a process improvement methodology using lean principles in an agile framework to reap the benefits of eliminating waste and quickly executing the improvements.
Quantum Associates’ delivers lasting process performance by helping clients analyze their processes to capture the key inputs and outputs and the important data associated with these inputs and outputs can open new opportunities to increasing productivity and profitability.
Quantum Associates are experts in implementing Lean Six Sigma in manufacturing and service organizations. We help clients remove waste and variation from their processes so then can do more (improved performance) with less (using the same or fewer precious resources).
Quantum Associates can work with you to add value to your ISO 9001 quality system and help you turn your implementation or conversion into a manageable and successful project.
Quantum Associates tailor the training to the needs of your organization to ensure that after we are gone your employees can become the in-house continuous improvement experts.
Want to learn more about our improvement services? Call us 847-919-6127 or complete our contact form.